I hate to pull a Chandrew here and unload a bunch of press releases on you, but I'm just getting back to my inbox after 5 days and things are a little backed up. If it makes you feel any better, I do cherry-pick what I share here to bring you the best of best. (And to the PR peeps whose emails don't make the cut: keep trying, you're getting warmer.)
- Get a free spa pedicure ($35 value) with purchase of a spa pedicure ($60).
- Get your first acupuncture face lift ($120 value) at half-price ($60).
- Purchase a spring cleaning kit ($92) and get a colonic ($80 value) at half-price ($40).
- Arc's Value Village is bringing back Thrifty Thursdays for the month of June. All merchandise is 25% off, excluding white-tagged items.
- Tickets are still available to tomorrow night's RetroRama at the Minnesota History Center. A vintage-inspired fashion show, clothing for sale from Via's Vintage, mid-century trivia from Chuck & Sean, chow from Chowgirls Catering and classic mixology from Bradstreet. $15/$12 members.
- While Phantom of the Opera is in town, the cast will be giving a special 90-minute performance to benefit the Minnesota AIDS Project. Phantom Fights AIDS promises to be fun, "get-out-of-your-seat entertainment," hosted at BAR FLY by the fabulous BeBe Zahara Benet. $15 advance/$20 door.
- Tour de Farm will host its 5th event on the grounds of the Walker Art Center on Thursday, July 30th. Why am I telling you now? Because the last three sold out. Join Mike Phillips (Craftsman), Asher Miller (20.21), Jim Grell (Modern Cafe), Alex Roberts (Restaurant Alma), Zoe Francois (Zoe Bakes) and Michelle Gayer (Salty Tart) for a 5-course meal using local, seasonal ingredients. Tickets are $85 and can be purchased on the Tour de Farm website.
- Because you'll need it in a month: A listing of all the pick-you-own berries, vegetables, apples and tree farms in Minnesota.